Feb 18, 2009

Patriot International Triathlon

I am registered! This seems a a reasonable distance to go for given I have spent the last three months sitting on my butt. Let me tell you I am weak. But this race gives me several months to build strength and endurance without being too aggressive. Don't want to end up where I started.

I am so excited to have this goal. I plan to really work hard to rock this race. I have only done one Olympic distance before so I think a PR is possible if I train smart.

I'm not sure if I'll do any racing before Patriot, maybe a few 5K's and perhaps Tavern if all is going well.

I must admit, although I needed the downtime I am really looking forward to tri-ing again. It's been a long few months.

2 comments:

Ceeej said...

Awesome! Be careful.

Unknown said...

That's fantastic! You'll enjoy getting back into it after the break, but just ease into it! :)