May 13, 2009

Training for training's sake

With only one race on my calendar in September, I'm not really following a specific training plan although I know I should be. This is my season to rebuild my fitness and stay injury free. So far so good.

Reading race reports does make me a little nostalgic and I wonder if I should consider adding a race or two to my season. But I don't want to race unfit and I my confidence is a little low. For me racing is not essential, I like training and I don't like racing all that much. So for now maybe I'll stick with my plan and just keep a low profile this year.

4 comments:

Fave said...

maybe you can do some aquavelo's to have goals throughout the summer! and in the september it will be the big finale to the year. glad you are back - stay healthy!

TriGirl 40 said...

All I can say is you looked mighty strong on that bike a few weekend's ago. I think you are more than ready for anything you'd want to try!

Annn said...

It is time for us to go biking, no? I will not tell anyone.

Kate said...

Thanks Fave! D you are too sweet, Annn check your email.