May 29, 2009

I'm excited...

because this week-end I plan to ride 30-35 miles. This will will be my longest ride since November and I am really looking forward to it. Taking 5 months off from training certainly has depleted my fitness but on the flip side has been great for my mental health.

As I slowly build strength and distance each new milestone is a treat, taking me back to when I first began training and racing. Now the running and biking is coming along nicely, hey two out of three ain't bad, I just need to get in the water and I may be ready for Patriot in September!

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

What an awesome way to think of your return to structured training for the Patriot! Love it!

Unknown said...

Baby steps... :)

Hope your ride went well this weekend. It's nice to get back into things and I envy the way you are doing it! I'm fearful of getting burned out and you'll be fresh just getting started!!! :) Enjoy it!