Jun 18, 2009

Colonial Beach Tri

This race has been on my mind for a few weeks now. Even though I am NOT well trained or really prepared to race, I feel the need to do a race. Maybe it's because I miss the excitement of race day or just having something on my schedule. Reading my teammates reports of training adventures and races leaves me with longing to put myself out there. To see what I can do. I wonder if I can actually complete even a 3 mile run let alone a sprint race. Ironman seems like a different lifetime!

But I want to do a race, so why the hesitation? Well I promised myself, after last year's miserable and very painful performances, I would not race unless I was healthy and well trained. Well I am healthy but not well trained. So now I am stuck with indecision and fear of failure. Stupid sport!!!!!

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

When is the race? I bet you'd do great!